In this tutorial we're going to be taking a look at how to drop (permanently delete) columns from a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel or Plesk.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Place a check mark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted. If it is correct, click on the Yes button to drop the columns. Otherwise click No.
A message stating your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed and your columns will be gone.