cPanel is a web hosting account management tool available on all HostGator Linux hosting plans, including Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS and Linux Dedicated Servers.
You only get one username per cPanel. If you create addon, parked and subdomains, those domains can be accessed by logging in to your main cPanel; you will not have a separate cPanel or separate login credentials.
You can access your cPanel in any of the following ways:
- If you are familiar with your server name, here is the best method:
- Use https and your IP address, followed by the secure port number:
This will produce a browser warning. Please see the following article for instructions on how to bypass this:
- You can only use shared SSL on a shared server
- The server name for resellers will look like car-name.websitewelcome.com or secure1234.websitewelcome.com
- The server name for shared web hosting customers will look like gator1234.hostgator.com or secure1234.hostgator.com
Webmail can be accessed in either of the following ways: