Obtain a WHMCS License
VPS customers can obtain a WHMCS license from HostGator for $5 per month. The license can be requested here.
The video below will guide you through installing WHMCS via Quickinstall :
Here are the directions to follow along with the video :
Step 1: Quickinstall Setup
- Log in to cPanel.
- Under Software/Services, click Quickinstall.
- In the left-menu, under Billing Software, click WHMCS.
- Click Continue.
- Select the path where you would like the software installed.
- Enter the administrator email address so the database details can be generated and emailed to you.
- Click Install Now!
Step 2: Run the Installation Script
- Visit the installation script at http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installation process. (Replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name and be sure to replace "whmcs" with the directory you selected.)
- After reading the WHMCS End User License Agreement, click I Agree to continue.
- The initial setup will perform some checks to ensure you meet the system requirements and permission requirements. Click Continue.
- Enter your License Key and the database details provided with your Quickinstall setup then click Continue.
- Enter the details in the form for the administrator account so that you can access and setup your WHMCS installation, then click Complete Setup.
Step 3: Finishing Up Installation
You can complete the installation process by preforming the following:
- In the installation path delete the install directory. For example: http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs.php
- (Optional) For additional security, you can move the attachments, downloads, and templates_c directories outside of any publicly accessible directories.
- You can follow the walkthrough provided by WHMCS to move the directories.
- Setup your Cron to ensure WHMCS is performing its required scheduled tasks once a day.
Congratulations! WHMCS is now set up.