WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around for good reason. It is easy to install and features an attractive, user-friendly interface. At HostGator, you can install WordPress through Quick Install powered by MOJO Marketplace or manually.
In the following tutorial, we'll cover the QuickInstall route for a WordPress self-hosted installation. It's a bit easier than a manual installation, and it only takes a click or two!
To install WordPress using Quick Install:
Here are the directions to follow along with the video:
- Log into your cPanel.
- In the Software/Services section, click on the Quick Install icon:
- In the left menu, under Popular Installs, click WordPress, then click Install WordPress:
- Complete the form that appears with the following details:
- The Base Domain for your isntallation.
- The sub directory you would like the site to load from, if desired.
Example: Should you wish your WordPress URL to be mydomain.com/site instead of just mydomain.com. Your site will always display this extension if you enter one.
- For Admin Email, enter an email address where you want the admin password emailed to. Make sure this is a working email address.
- For Blog Title, enter the name of the website. This is what will appear in the header as the name of your site.
- For Admin Username, enter your preferred user name.
- Your first name.
- Your last name.
- Click Install WordPress when you're ready to proceed.
A progress bar at the top of the page will let you know when installation is complete. Once complete, you will be able to start working on your WordPress site. Check your email for your WordPress username and password as well as a link to your WordPress dashboard.
You may also find your credentials by clicking View Credentials in the bar at the top fo the page:
Visit our login tutorial for more information on how to log into WordPress.