WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around. For good reason too, since it's very simple to install, and use. At HostGator, you can install WordPress through QuickInstall or manually. In this tutorial, we'll cover the QuickInstall route for a WordPress self-hosted installation, since it's a bit easier and only takes a click or two.
- Login to cPanel
- Scroll down to the Software/Services section and click on the QuickInstall icon/link.
- On the left under Blog Software, click on WordPress
- Click on Continue
- Fill out the Application URL, if needed.
Note: This is the path where you want to install WordPress to. If you leave this field blank, WordPress will be installed to your main domain. If you use 'blog' in this field then WordPress would be installed to http://yourdomain.com/blog. Don't leave this blank if you don't want WordPress to be your main website, or if you already have content on the root of your account
- Fill in the rest of the fields and options (the email, blog title, first and last name can be changed later through the WordPress Dashboard)
- Click Install Now!
- After WordPress is finished installing, you should see a "Congratulations!" message like the one below with a link to click here. Click that link, and it will bring you to your newly installed WordPress blog!
Your admin password will be e-mailed to you at the e-mail address you provided above. Check your e-mail for the password, and then visit the URL that you installed WordPress to plus "/wp-admin" to login. Visit our login tutorial for more information on how to login to WordPress.