WordPress allows the use of custom themes for a blog. There are a couple of options for obtaining custom themes to use on your WordPress site:
- Download a theme from the internet onto your local computer; then upload it via the WordPress Dashboard.
- Search for a theme via the WordPress Dashboard Themes section.
Search for a Theme via WordPress Dashboard
WordPress allows you to search for themes based on specific keywords and/or features. To begin searching from your WordPress Dashboard:
- In the left-side navigation menu, click Appearance > Themes.
- Along the top of the screen, click on Install Themes.
From here, you can browse all available WordPress themes or search by a specific keyword, author or tag.
Downloading and Installing a Theme
After downloading a theme through your preferred method, follow the instructions below to install the theme on your WordPress site.
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard via http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin.php or http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php. Replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain.
- From the left-side navigation menu, click Appearance > Themes.
- Along the top of the screen click the Install Themes tab.
- Click Upload, select Browse and navigate to the appropriate file on your computer.
Be sure the files are compressed in a .zip format.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
If blank pages are encountered after installing a new theme, please refer to the following article for additional information: