HostGator allows you to either make unscheduled advanced payments on your account, or you may have your billing cycle extended so that your regular automatic billing payments use your preferred billing cycle.
Please keep the following in mind when changing billing cycles or paying in advance:
- Shared plans can be billed up to 3 years
- Reseller plans can be billed up to 2 years
- Existing VPS plans cannot have their billing cycle changed at this time.
- Note: New VPS sign-ups can select a recurring billing cycle of up to one year.
- Dedicated Servers can be billed up to one year
Changing your Billing Cycle
For the protection of your account, please include your PIN number with your request.
Making an Advanced Payment
You may only make an advanced payment on a hosting package that has its payments up to date. If there are any invoices due for your hosting package then you will need to pay the existing invoice before continuing.
An advanced payment may be made directly from your billing portal. To make an advance payment after logging into your billing portal:
- Click the Billing tab and select the Make a Payment icon:
- Scroll down to the section marked Pre-Pay Packages.
- Place a checkmark next to the package you want to make a payment for, then select the term you wish to pay in advance:
- After confirming that everything is satisfactory, you can select your Payment Method.
If you wish to use a new credit card, you can do so by entering in the new credit card details.
If you would like to save this card and enable it as the default card on your account, select the box next to the Set Default option, as shown below.
Select Pay Bill Now!
If you wish to use the already saved credit card on file, select the tab "Use Credit Card on File" and click the Pay Now! button after selecting the saved card you wish to use.
If you wish to use PayPal, select the tab "Use PayPal" and select Pay Now! You will be asked for your PayPal information on the next screen.