CodeGuard is a service that provides an automatic website backup solution for HostGator customers with Shared hosting packages. CodeGuard monitors your site and keeps you informed of any changes while offering frequent backups and restore options so that downtime can be avoided.
CodeGuard's services include:
- Backups - CodeGuard makes an initial backup of your site and continues to make backups as changes occur.
- Monitoring - CodeGuard monitors your site daily for changes and sends a change alert email to notify you if there are any. CodeGuard also updates you on the progress of your backups.
- Restoration - You have the option to revert back to any previous version of your website with the click of a button.
CodeGuard Pricing and Features
How to Order
To order CodeGuard:
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Special Offers section, click on the CodeGuard icon.
- On the landing page, select the desired plan by clicking the Signup button. The Billing login pop-up will appear.
- Sign in using your HostGator billing information and click the Login button.
- In the next pop-up, confirm the CodeGuard package type you selected.
- Click Submit Order.
The Order Complete pop-up will appear and allow the user to log into their new CodeGuard account. Users can access the account by clicking the Login button in the lower, right-hand side of the pop-up.
For further instructions on how to access and navigate CodeGuard, please see the following articles: