cPanel is a web hosting account management tool available on all HostGator Linux hosting plans, including Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS and Linux Dedicated Servers.
You only get one username per cPanel. If you create addon, parked and subdomains, those domains can be accessed by logging in to your main cPanel; you will not have a separate cPanel or separate login credentials.
You can access your cPanel in any of the following ways, however option 1 and option 2 are the most reliable as they rely on the server address and do not require your domain to be pointed at the server.
- Both your ServerName and your server IP address are provided in your Welcome email.
- We always recommend using a secure connection. By using https along with the port address 2083 to access cPanel, your connection will be encrypted.
- If you are familiar with your server name, here is the best method:
- Use https and your server's IP address, followed by the secure port number:
This will produce a browser warning. Please see the following article for instructions on how to bypass this:
- Use https and your domain name, followed by the secure port number:
Note: Please replace exampledomain.com with any domain that is pointed to the server. If the domain is not pointed to the server, it will not be able to access cPanel on the server.
- The server name for resellers will look like car-name.websitewelcome.com or secure1234.websitewelcome.com
- The server name for shared web hosting customers will look like gator1234.hostgator.com or secure1234.hostgator.com
Webmail can be accessed in either of the following ways: