If you are looking for a hosting environment for installing custom software, creating custom configurations, sending emails without the shared server limitations and hosting live streaming media, you may want to consider a VPS. A VPS will give you the freedom you need without the cost of a Dedicated Server. It will also allow you a much easier upgrade path.
How Do I Order a VPS?
You may order a VPS using our online form. VPS and Dedicated Server packages are available for billing terms of one, three, six or twelve months at a time.
What Do I Do After Ordering a VPS?
After you have ordered your VPS and the server completes provisioning, you will want to go through initial setup. This will entail becoming familiar with Virtuozzo power panel, performing the initial setup of WHM and cPanel, as well as creating and configuring your private name servers.
Check out our getting VPS Getting Started article for a full walkthrough of things you should do after you receive access to your new VPS:
Can I Upgrade or Downgrade My VPS?
If you would like to upgrade or downgrade the level of your existing VPS, please use our online forms:
The following additional resources we provide are available to assist with owning and maintaining a VPS with HostGator:
- VPS General Information
- What is a VPS?
- Why Do I Need a VPS?
- Containers, What are They?
- How Many Clients Will Be Hosted on a Single VPS Server?
- Dedicated Server Versus a High Level VPS
- Why Should I Use VPS Instead of a Shared or Reseller Package?
- What Operating Systems Will Be Available for My VPS?
- What Operating System Are You Using for the Host Server? - VPS
- What Kind of Servers Are You Using for VPS?
- What Control Panel Do I Use to Manage My VPS Account?
- What Are Some of the Things I Get With a VPS?
- What Do I Get with an Unmanaged VPS? (VZ only)
- What is Virtuozzo? What is it Used for? - VPS
- Do I Get QuickInstall with My VPS?
- FFMPEG on VPS Accounts