Moving an addon domain between two separate cPanels is a different process compared to to that of converting an addon domain to its own cPanel. If you are seeking to convert an addon domain its own cPanel, please refer to the following article:
As an alternative to making these migrations yourself or if the migration is going to be between two servers, HostGator offers migration services to cover the process on your behalf.
HostGator Site Migrations
If you need assistance with this type of transfer, we would be glad to help. If you have had your account for thirty or fewer days, please refer to the following article to review the sorts of transfers that HostGator can perform for you, free of charge:phone or Live Chat for a price quote.
To move an addon domain from one cPanel to another:
- Download the content of your addon domain to your local PC.
- Backup any associated database(s).
- Create a subfolder inside the new cPanel's public_html folder.
- Upload the content of your addon domain to this new folder.
- Restore the database backup(s) into the new cPanel.
- If the old cPanel and new cPanel are on the same server, go back to the old cPanel and remove the addon domain from under the Addon Domains icon.
Note: The original content or original databases do not need to be deleted.
- Go to the new cPanel.
- Click the Addon Domains icon.
- Enter the addon domain name where it says New Domain Name.
- For the Document Root, you must enter /public_html/subfolder/ (replace 'subfolder' with the name you chose in step 3).
- Fill out the remainder of the form and click the Add Domain button.
- If the old cPanel and new cPanel are on different servers, then you will need to update your addon domain name's nameservers or other DNS records.