HostGator offers domain registration through two different registrars: eNom and Launchpad. The steps to renew a domain vary depending on which registrar you completed your domain registration with. See the appropriate renewal instructions for your HostGator domain registrar below:
For help determining which registrar your domain is registered with, please read the following article:
To renew a domain that was purchased through eNom's Registry Rocket:
- Go to the Registry Rocket domain management page.
- In the Manage Your Domain box, enter your domain name and the password you created when the domain was initially purchased.
- If you have forgotten the password, click Forgot Password? Click here to receive it by email.
- Click Login.
- Click Renew Domain.
- Under the Renew This Domain Name section, select the renewal period.
- Under the Registrant/Billing Information section, review the contact information to ensure it is up to date.
- Under the Credit Card Information section, enter your credit card information.
- Click Purchase.
By default, your LaunchPad domain is set to auto-renew. When auto-renew is enabled, HostGator will charge the card you have on file or invoice your account, and your domain will be renewed for 1 year.
HostGator's domain control panel allows customers to enable/disable the auto-renew option. By disabling auto-renew, you will be responsible for manually renewing your domain before the expiration date. To enable/disable auto-renew for your domain:
- Go to http://register.hostgator.com.
- Click Manage Domains button.
- Log in with your billing account email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. (This will be the same login as https://portal.hostgator.com/.)
- If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot your password link below the login fields to reset your password.
- Once logged in, you will see any domains attached to the billing account under My Domains. Next to the domain you wish to enable/disable, click the Renew icon.
- In the pop-up, select your preferred auto-renew setting and click Save Auto-Renew.
To manually renew a LaunchPad domain, please contact our Billing department via phone or Live Chat from the registrant or admin email address listed in the domain's WHOIS record and include the following information:
- Domain name to be renewed
- Length of time for which domain is to be renewed
If you are unable to contact us from the registrant or admin email, please provide us with the order ID, ticket ID or invoice ID from the initial domain registration or transfer.