While HostGator cannot modify nameservers at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your nameservers at Name.com.
Step 1: Find Out Nameservers for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which nameservers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and type of hosting plan. For instructions on how to find out your nameservers, please read the article:
Step 2: Changing Nameservers
- Sign into your Name.com account.
- Click on the Account icon at the top of the page.
- Click on the domain name you wish to modify.
- On the sidebar, click on Edit Nameservers.
- Click the X next to the old nameservers to remove them.
- Enter the first nameserver in the field provided and click Add next to it.
- Repeat for the second nameserver.
- Click Apply Changes.
You will receive confirmation indicating that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: