While HostGator cannot modify nameservers at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your nameservers at Hover.
Step 1: Find Out Nameservers for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which nameservers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find out your nameservers, please read the article:
Step 2: Changing Nameservers
- Sign into your Hover account.
- If you have only one domain, it automatically appears as default. If you have more than one, you may need to select the correct domain near the top.
- Click on the Edit button in the Name Servers row.
- Change nameserver 1 and nameserver 2 to the nameservers for your HostGator hosting account.
- Click Save.
- Wait for your account to update.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related article: