While HostGator cannot modify nameservers at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your nameservers at eNom.com.
It should be noted that these directions are for domains registered directly through eNom.com's website and will not work if you purchased a domain from one of eNom's resellers. If you ordered your domain through an eNom reseller, you must log into the reseller's website to modify your domain's nameservers.
Step 1: Find Out Nameservers for Your Hosting Account
The first step would be to find out which nameservers you should use for your HostGator hosting account. This varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find out your nameservers, please read the article:
Step 2: Changing Nameservers
- Go to https://access.enom.com and log into your eNom account using the domain name and password that you set up when purchasing the domain name.
Be sure to use all lowercase letters for the domain and DO NOT include the www.
Once logged in, click on Registered under Domains.
- If you only have one domain, it will appear by default. If not, you need to select the domain you wish to modify.
- Click on DNS Server Settings.
- If not already selected, select Custom for Use Our Nameservers?
- Remove any old nameservers listed.
- Enter the nameservers for your account.
- You may receive a pop-up warning stating "If you switch away from our nameservers, you will need to add host entries to your third party nameserver if you want to continue to use our provided services. See the Host Records section for this information." If so, click on the OK button.
You will receive a confirmation indicating that your update was applied successfully.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related article: