While HostGator cannot modify DNS at third party registrars on your behalf, we can provide you with instructions on how to do so. Here's how you can change your DNS at Namecheap.com.
Step 1: Find the DNS for Your Hosting Account
The first step is to find out which name servers you should use for your HostGator hosting account; this varies by server and type of hosting. For instructions on how to find your DNS, please read the following article:
Step 2: Change your DNS
- Sign in to your Namecheap.com dashboard.
- Select Domain List from the left hand side bar.
- Click the Manage button to the right of the domain you wish to update.
- Next to the Name servers section, select Custom from the drop down menu.
- Enter your name servers on the dotted lines. Click Add Name server if you have more than 2 name servers.
- Click the check mark in the edited section to save your changes.
HostGator customers can change their domain DNS within the cPanel interface. For more information, please see the related articles: