After purchasing hosting, your account begins the setup process. The estimated time frame for each type of hosting type is as follows:
- Shared, Reseller, Optimized WordPress, and Cloud Sites accounts take less than 1 hour to set up.
- VPS with cPanel or Plesk takes a few hours (about 3 to 4) to set up.
- VPS without cPanel or Plesk takes less than 1 hour to set up.
- Dedicated server takes 24 to 48 hours to set up.
Upon signing up, you will receive an email stating that HostGator.com has received your order and is processing it. If you still need to pay, you will receive an email which guides you to pay the balance (must be done prior to account activation). After your order has been paid for and confirmed, you shall receive your welcome email and will be ready to publish your website online with HostGator.com.
After being setup, all of our accounts are reviewed before final activation. During this time, hosting packages on new accounts are subject to the following limitations:
- 75 emails per hour per domain.
- SSH access is disabled.
- FTP access is enabled.
Please allow 24-48 hours for these limitations to be lifted before contacting support if you continue to receive errors regarding these limitations.