The server clock is set to Central Standard Time (CST). While you cannot change the time on a shared server's clock, you can change the time zone which is displayed by using a PHP script or by editing the .htaccess file.
Change Time Zone with PHP Script
You can change the time zone being displayed by using a PHP script. Here are two sample codes:
Change Time Zone in .htaccess File
You can set the time zone in .htaccess as well by creating a new file and naming it .htaccess or by editing the existing .htaccess file. The .htaccess file belongs in /public_html/ (or a subdirectory if for a subdomain or addon domain).
Add the line:
A list of supported time zones can be found at the following link:
How do I Change the Timestamp on My Emails?
Each webmail client has a time zone setting which is set to the server clock by default.
To change time zones in SquirrelMail:
- Access SquirrelMail.
- Click Options link at the top of the page.
- Click the Personal Information link.
- Under Timezone Options, from the Your Current Timezone drop-down, select your preferred time zone.
- Click Submit.
To change time zones in Horde:
- Access Horde.
- Click the Options icon at the top of the page.
- Under Your Information, click the Locale and Time link.
- Under Your current time zone, select your preferred time zone from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Options.
To change time zones in RoundCube:
- Access RoundCube.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select Preferences tab.
- Under the Section column, select User Interface.
- Select your preferred time zone from the Time zone drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
You can change the time zone in Outlook at any time so that it matches your current geographic location. Please consult the Outlook Help menu for assistance with other versions.
- From the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click Calendar Options.
- Click Time Zone.
- Under Current time zone, type a name for the current time zone in the Label box.
- In the Time zone list, select the time zone you want to use.
Note: If you want your computer clock to automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes, select the Adjust for daylight saving time check box. This option is available only in time zones that use DST.
- Click OK.
Mozilla applications have no clocks of their own. They use your system clock which is controlled by your operating system settings rather than HostGator's server.
You can set your computer's date, time and time zone so that the date and time appear correctly in the menu bar clock, finder windows, mail and other applications.