This article will assist you with making the changes detailed in step one of the following article series for domains registered at GoDaddy:
It is recommended that you are familiar with the entire process outlined in that article series before proceding with the steps below.
You will need to have access to the welcome email HostGator sent you when you opened your hosting account as it contains the IP addresses and recommended subdomains to use.
- Log into your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click the Manage button.
- Locate the domain you wish to modify and click the Gear icon, then select Manage DNS:
- In the Settings tab, under Host Names, click Manage.
- In the pop-up, click Add Hostname.
- For Hostname, input ns1.
- For IP Address, enter the first private name server IP address provided in the welcome email.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for the second private name server.
Once successfully registered, you can set all of your domain names to use the private name servers you registered.
Keep in mind, like most name server changes, it will take an additional 24 to 48 hours (sometimes quicker) for this change to propagate and become usable. This delay applies to all domains with any registrar, not just GoDaddy.