HostGator has created a new domain control panel which allows you access to add, edit, and manage all of your HostGator domains from a single control panel.
You can access the new domain control panel using the following link:
To manage a domain from http://register.hostgator.com you will need to click on the 'Manage Domains' tab as shown in the picture below.
You will be asked for your Billing email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. This will be the same login as http://gbclient.hostgator.com . If you are unsure of your password, click the forgot password link below the login.
Once logged in you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with their expiration date, whether the domain is set to automatically renew, the lock status of the domain, and the privacy protection status of the domain. By clicking on the domain name you can get to the Domain Overview which is explained in the following image.
Note: There is a $9.95 yearly fee for Domain Privacy
The Domain Overview will show more details about the particular domain selected and will have tabs on the left side for the following different functions available.
- Conact Info - This section is to edit the contact information for the domain.
- Domain Privacy - This section is to enable Domain Privacy which will protect your personal domain registration information from public WHOIS searches.
- Name Servers - This section is to edit the nameservers which the domain will point to. There is also a drop down box that will automatically point the domain to any active packages on the account. Please remember that nameserver changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
- Domain Locking - This section is to unlock the domain which will allow the domain to be transferred to any other registrar. Any domain registered with HostGator will be locked by default.
- Auto-Renew - This section is to set the domain to either automatically renew, creating an invoice 30 days before it's expiration, or set the domain to cancel on the next renewal date. Any domain registered with HostGator will be set to automatically renew by default.
That is all there is to managing your domains via http://register.hostgator.com! If you have any questions or if you require further assistance, feel free to call us or come into our Live Chat. We will be happy to assist you!
Currently, we can setup a URL redirect for any domain without hosting, for no extra fees. The nameservers must be set to ns1.launchpad.com, ns2.launchpad.com, ns3.launchpad.com, and ns4.launchpad.com. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us which domain and where it will redirect.