Most eNom and Launchpad domains can now be managed in the registry tool at register.hostgator.com. From here, you will be able to update any of the following:
- Update your WHOIS information
- Update your name servers (sometimes called nameservers or name-servers)
- Register private name servers (sometimes called private nameservers or name-servers)
- Add domain privacy
- Renew your domain or manage your autorenew settings
- Lock or unlock your domain
- Get your EPP authorization code
Many places will refer to name servers as either nameservers or name-servers, or sometimes simply refer to them as DNS. If you are ever directed to register private name servers or private nameservers, or update or change your nameservers or name-servers and your domain is registered with HostGator, this article will assist you with making those changes.
Note: If a domain purchased from HostGator does not appear in this tool, it may be a HostGator/eNom domain requiring management via the Registry Rocket portal:
This article can help you determine if this is the registrar:
If you do not know the credentials to log into Registry Rocket, you may use the forgot password form to recover your credentials:
Enter the domain name into the domain: field, and click the Click Here link to receive the password at the email address set as the registrant email address in the WHOIS of the domain.
Continue reading for more information regarding each of these functions:
Manage eNom and LaunchPad Domains
To manage your HostGator domain:
- Go to http://register.hostgator.com.
- Click Manage Domains.
- You will be asked for your billing email address and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. This will be the same login as http://portal.hostgator.com.
- If you are unsure of your password, click the Forgot your password link below the login fields.
- Once logged in, under My Domains, you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with:
- The domain's expiration date
- Whether or not the domain is set to automatically renew
- The lock status of the domain
- The privacy protection status of the domain
Note: There is a $12.95 yearly fee for Domain Privacy.
- When you click on a domain name, the Domain Overview window will open and show more details and options for the selected domain.
- Contact Info - This section is to edit the contact information for the domain.
- Domain Privacy - This section is to enable Domain Privacy which will protect your personal domain registration information from public WHOIS searches.
- Name Servers (sometimes called nameservers or name-servers) - This section is to edit the name servers which the domain will point to. There is also a drop-down box that will automatically point the domain to any active packages on the account. Please remember that name server changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
Currently, we can setup a URL redirect for any domain without hosting, for no extra fees. The name servers must be set to ns1.launchpad.com, ns2.launchpad.com, ns3.launchpad.com, and ns4.launchpad.com. Once this is done, please contact our Billing department via phone or Live Chat to tell us which domain you would like redirected and to where.
- Domain Locking - This section is to unlock the domain, allowing it to be transferred to any other registrar. Any domain registered with HostGator will be locked by default.
- Auto-Renew - This section is to set the domain to either automatically renew, creating an invoice 30 days before it's expiration, or set the domain to cancel on the next renewal date. Any domain registered with HostGator will be set to automatically renew by default.