HostGator has created a domain control panel which allows you access to add, edit and manage all of your HostGator domains from a single control panel at:
To manage a domain from http://register.hostgator.com:
- You will need to click on the Manage Domains tab as shown in the picture below.
- You will be asked for your billing email address and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. This will be the same login as http://gbclient.hostgator.com.
- If you are unsure of your password, click the Forgot your password link below the login fields.
- Once logged in, you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with:
- The respective expiration date
- Whether or not the domain is set to automatically renew
- The lock status of the domain
- The privacy protection status of the domain
Note: There is a $9.95 yearly fee for Domain Privacy.
- By clicking on the domain name, you can get to the Domain Overview which is shown in the following image.
The Domain Overview will show more details about the selected domain and will have tabs on the left side for the following:
- Conact Info - This section is to edit the contact information for the domain.
- Domain Privacy - This section is to enable Domain Privacy which will protect your personal domain registration information from public WHOIS searches.
- Name Servers - This section is to edit the name servers which the domain will point to. There is also a drop-down box that will automatically point the domain to any active packages on the account. Please remember that name server changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
Currently, we can setup a URL redirect for any domain without hosting, for no extra fees. The nameservers must be set to ns1.launchpad.com, ns2.launchpad.com, ns3.launchpad.com, and ns4.launchpad.com. Once this is done, please submit a ticket to our Billing department to tell us which domain you would like redirected and to where.
- Domain Locking - This section is to unlock the domain, allowing it to be transferred to any other registrar. Any domain registered with HostGator will be locked by default.
- Auto-Renew - This section is to set the domain to either automatically renew, creating an invoice 30 days before it's expiration, or set the domain to cancel on the next renewal date. Any domain registered with HostGator will be set to automatically renew by default.