If you have lost or forgotten your cPanel password, you can reset it using any one of the methods below:
- Reset cPanel Password at the cPanel Login Screen
- Request a New Password through Your HostGator Billing Account
- Change an Existing Password in cPanel
To reset the cPanel password on your account, we may request additional information to verify your identity. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
From the cPanel login screen, you can reset your password by completing the following steps:
- Click Reset Password on the lower right side of the screen.
- Enter your billing credentials and click Continue.
- Once you authenticate to billing, the drop-down menu pre-selects the account you are attempting to log into based on the URL. You may also select another package from your billing account.
- After you enter a new, valid password twice, click Reset Password.
- Click Login with your new cPanel Password to be redirected to the login page.
You can request a new, random cPanel password quickly and easily through your HostGator billing account at https://gbclient.hostgator.com.
- Log into the billing tool using your primary email address and your billing password.
- Select View Hosting Packages from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Find the package for which you wish to request a new password and select Reset Password.
- A new password will be emailed to your primary email address.