There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
Note: Your control panel may look different depending on the theme you are using, however the steps will be the same for all themes based off of the X3 or Paper Lantern themes.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click the Change Password icon (Password & Security in Paper Lantern theme).
- In Old Password box, provide your old password.
- In New Password box, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In New Password (again) box, provide the password once again for verification.
- If the option is available, check the box for "Synchronize MySQL password".
Note: This synchronizes your password so that you are able to login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel. Not all servers still have this option.
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.