The Hatchling, Baby, and Business plans now include a Domain File Swapper tool within your HostGator cPanel. This tool makes it easy to move content from one of your addon domains or subdomains to any other hosted in the same cPanel.
This tool will swap files from one domain to another on the physical system. It will not change any databases, nor will it change any files. This tool only works with addon domains and subdomains.
Using the Domain File Swapper
- Log into your cPanel.
- Click the Domain File Swapper icon.
- In the left column, select the domain you wish to move the swapped files from.
- In the right column, select the domain you wish to move the swapped files to.
- Click the Swap Domains button to initiate the change.
- Click Yes to confirm the swap.
- You will see a green pane when the swap is successfully done. You can click the X in the upper right corner to close this pane.
Reversing a File Swap
The Domain File Swapper can reverse your most recent file swap.
- After a successful swap the main Domain File Swapper panel will display a blue pane. You can revert to your previous file structure by clicking the Undo Swap button.
- Click Yes to confirm that you wish to undo the swap.
- A green pane will indicate that your swap was successfully reverted.
If the Domain File Swapper cannot process your request an error message will be displayed in a red pane in the main panel:
The error message will include a brief description of why the swap failed.